Thursday, February 26, 2009

When to go

One of the many major decisions any person planning any trip will make is when to go. When planning a trip to Walt Disney World, the time you go will majorly impact your vacation. I am personally planning to attend in November, the week before Thanksgiving. Why this week? Well, my son's birthday is during that week as well as my boyfriends. A major perk for that time is WDW is less crowded. Most families will travel during school break times, making these times the most crowded at WDW. I'm sure other popular travel spots are the same way. I have gone to Magic Kingdom during Spring Break, it was fun BUT very crowded and very loud. Of course I will never forget the look on my sons face when he met Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck for the first time. I was almost in tears!
We also went to Daytona Beach in the same week, it was Bike Week and Spring Break, NEVER AGAIN. Wall to Wall intoxicated people with a 4 year old is never a fun experience. I will never forget that trip as it was my first vacation with my son. He got to see the ocean for the first time, got to visit the NASCAR Daytona Stadium, and picked up his first real sea shell. It was a great time, but when we walked further down the beach, looking for the rest of our party, my son father and myself left as soon as we found them. I wasn't comfortable exposing a four year old to Spring Break Daytona style.
These two experiences have taught me that timing is not everything but it does matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment