Thursday, April 16, 2009

Purchasing Tickets

When I went to Disney World for the first time as an adult, I only knew about purchasing tickets at the gate. My mother had said she purchased ours as a child at the hotel we were staying at. I later learned about purchasing packages, either online or through a travel agent, purchasing through e-bay, and several ticket brokers. My main goal for this trip was to save money so we could enjoy more for less. My conundrum for the moment is how to purchase our tickets.
I refuse to purchase tickets through e-bay for several reasons. One, Disney may not honor these tickets, you may get ripped off, and you can’t validate the tickets to make sure what you bought is what you get. Disney may not honor the tickets because they have implemented a finger scan. They scan your ticket and your finger and if the tickets don’t match the fingerprint they can refuse you entry to the parks.
I’m considering purchasing through Under Cover Tourist. They received a thumbs-up from The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and their website is legit. I’m also considering purchasing the tickets at the gate and using my Disney Visa Reward Dollars to purchase the tickets instead of Birthday celebration meals. The difference is $27, which isn’t a lot of money at Disney World but at home it’s more than a weeks worth of gas, a trip to the fruit market or a matinee at the movies for the three of us. I’m probably going to order our tickets through Under Cover Tourist but it’s tempting to just wait and purchase at the gate. I remember my experience purchasing tickets as an adult and I loved it! Our ticket seller was so kind, very funny and overall made it a nice experience. I’m sure I’ll figure it out by the time I have to purchase tickets but for now the money is sitting safely in an ING online account earning 1.49% interest. (Still more than my brick and mortar bank but less than I was earning a year ago.)

No comments:

Post a Comment