Saturday, March 28, 2009

Enjoying Disney Without Spending Much Money

The last time I was at WDW was March 2007. I wish I could go every year but right now in my life, I cannot. Some of the ways I'm planning to save when I'm in WDW are:

Not buying many souveniers. I really want to go to experience rides, attractions and my family. I don't need a hundred new doo dads, do I want them? Sort of. I do want to increase my Belle Snowglobe collection but I don't need to. I do want some new souveniers but I plan on taking an immense amount of pictures. My family may hate me for making them pose and smile so much, but I will have not spent much on getting my digital prints. This is something I can do when we arrive home and I can order them online to save some cash. Come on you doubters, what's better, a picture of you and Mickey Mouse or a t-shirt of Mickey Mouse? I totally vote for the picture.

I plan on eating at least one meal at the house daily. I'm not a huge breakfast person but I would like to have something in my stomach before venturing out. We can cook a quick meal of eggs and toast or just grab a pop tart for the road. Cereal is always easy and cheap too. We can also pick up a couple of frozen pizza's for lunch before or after our nap or even for an early evening. We also plan on bringing snacks and bottled beverages to the parks. This will be a nice savings.

I plan on purchasing discounted tickets through an authorized agency. I'll blog more about them later.

I'm also going to the parks prepared. I will make sure I have enough digital camera memory and enough disposable camera's for my son so we will not have to purchase these in the park. I'm also going to remember to charge my camera every night! I'm going to carry headache medicine, sunscreen, tissues, etc. so I don't have to pay for anything unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm not going to carry a 50 pound book bag but I plan on not having to buy necessities in the parks. I'm also packing clothes for everyone but keeping them in the car. Just in case we need to change we won't have to be uncomfortable for too long and we don't have to buy unnecessary clothing.

By saving on some expenses I can have some additional fun. I plan on surprising my son with Breakfast with Mickey at Chef Mickey's and going on a tour at Daytona Nascar Stadium. If I were to blow money on every knick knack I thought was adorable, we'd never be able to experience these.

No comments:

Post a Comment