Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ways To Make Extra Money

Vacations are expensive. When planning for a vacation most people just whip out a credit card and pay for their trip, regardless of the repercussions. We’re trying our best to pay for our vacation in cash. There are several ways to pay for a vacation in cash; saving a certain amount each week or month (budgeting), using a tax refund, saving every penny possible or making extra money. I use a combination of the above. I make extra money by taking online surveys, using “point sites” such as Inbox Dollars and MyPoints, Swagbucks, and requesting free samples.



The following on-line survey sites are ones I’ve had success with.



Opinion Outpost has paid me the most. You can cash out at $5 and most surveys pay about $1 or $2 so it accumulates pretty quickly.



Your2cents has paid me a bunch too. Most surveys are for $1-$3 and sometimes more.


Mysurvey has taken a little longer for me but I enjoy their surveys more. The surveys are usually short, come often and are fun to take.


Survey Savvy doesn’t pay me that well but I like their surveys.They also have a referral program so please sign up with me as a referral by clicking here!


ZoomPanel doesn’t pay cash but they have cool rewards like luggage or movies, you can even donate your points to a charity. I’m saving my points to get a new piece of luggage for my son.

Surveys come often and since I won’t have to purchase a piece of luggage for my son, it’s money in my pocket!


The only downfall to some of the survey sites is they take a while to get your check. Planning is key with these!

Swagbucks is a search engine that is sort of like a lottery. You complete a search and every so often you get swagbucks. These bucks can be cashed in for gift cards to various retailers. I’ve used them for a while and have received $10 for amazon.com. I managed to get two Christmas gifts for $2.14!

MyPoints is a neat site. You sign up, preferably with a second e-mail account, open e-mails for 5 points each, shop through their site, take surveys, and in return you get points. After a while you’ll be able to cash in for gift cards. I’ve used this site’s rewards for Christmas gifts. Again, money in your pocket! I’ve done this site for a while and have redeemed for a $25 gamestop giftcard (which I used to purchase my son a used gameboy) and a couple of $10 Olive Garden gift cards. Right now I’m banking my points to pay for Christmas gifts this year. I have enough for a $10 gift card but I’m hoping to have at least two $25 gift cards this year. That’s at least one person crossed off my list and it didn’t cost me anything, which means more money for my trip!

Inbox Dollars is a site I only recommend because they pay cash. If I would’ve researched further to know they charge you $3 to cash out (you must have $30 to cash out) I’d have never signed up. It’s similar to MyPoints, you open e-mails, take surveys, and sign up for offers to receive money. Each e-mail is $0.02, these take a while to accumulate to $30 but every little bit helps. I’m only at $18 but I hope to have $30 or more by September so I can cash out for the trip.

Free samples abound on the ‘net. My favorite is shampoo samples. Why? Because I don’t have to bother with all those pesky bottles on our trip! I can distribute these samples to anyone who needs them without worrying about getting them back the next day. It also gives me a chance to try out a brand before I buy. Nothing worse than a brand new bottle of shampoo or conditioner that leaves your hair greasy. You can also find food samples, laundry detergent/softener, baby products and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment